||Kate, Kit |
||19 Jan 1893
||Weldon, North Carolina 
||22 Jun 1967
||Enfield, Halifax, North Carolina 
||24 Jun 1967
||Oakridge Cemetery, Weldon, North Carolina
||Our Extended Family and History
||30 Jun 2010 |
||Thomas Jefferson Person, b. 04 Jul 1852, Northampton, North Carolina , d. 27 Aug 1918, Halifax, North Carolina |
||Martha Vinson Jones, b. 1864, Gaston, North Carolina , d. 15 Jul 1935, Weldon, North Carolina |
||28 Dec 1881
||Northampton, North Carolina
||Lee Bruce Mitchell, b. 22 Jul 1886, North Carolina , d. 29 Jan 1923  |
- Found Keturah and a Bruce Mitchell together on the 1920 census. Bruce died three years later of Brights disease. Bruce was a Barber and considered Mulatto on earlier censuses. Kit and Bruce tried to have children but found it difficult. They gave birth to a little girl that died only a few months after, she was born premature. In 1918, birth records show that Lee Bruce Mitchell failed to have a child with another woman as well, a Lucy Smith. Keturah is later found widowed on the 1930 census with her mom Martha and nephew, John T. Wright. Bruce's parents were Burwell Mitchell and Roberta Bachelor.
| ||1. Infant Child Mitchell, b. 19 Jul 1913, Weldon, North Carolina , d. 31 Jul 1913, Weldon, North Carolina |
- Death certificate spells it Kiturah, while census data and birth records show Keturah. Which is more inline which the Biblical character. - R. Finley Sr 06-10-2008
- Much like Kits sister Mary Alice. Kit was also an educator. Kit was a school teacher according to her Death Record.
- [S20] Death Certificate (Reliability: 2).
- [S1] Social Security Death Index, Social Security Administration, (http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi) (Reliability: 3).
Keturah Mitchell 20 Jan 1890 Jun 1967 Enfield, Halifax, North Carolina
- [S16] Census Data - Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com) (Reliability: 1).
Found Keturah and a Bruce Mitchell together on a 1920 census.